Thursday, March 24, 2011

Velomobile Update

Hello, the last couple of day's have been spent in the shop working on the fairing. Unfortunately, my phone has a glitch right now where I cannot send my pictures to my email, so I do not have any new pictures. I am being sent a replacement phone right now though, so that shouldn't be a problem for much longer.

Here's what I have done:
Completely disassembled the fairing skeleton

Removed 7'' off the top of ALL of the fairing skeleton ribs since the trike was lowered and headroom was reconsidered.

Made all the spacers in the skeleton the correct length - 7 & 3/8 inches each.

Gave the rear end of the fairing a slight height taper - about 4 inches height difference over about 4 feet

Drilled a 1.4'' hole in ALL the spacer 2x4 pieces to save plug weight

Cut out the middle sections of ALL the ribs in the skeleton to save plug weight - this helped a TON for moving the skeleton around the shop. before doing this the plug was too heavy to move any more than a few feet.

Measured out the dimensions of all the front skeleton ribs

Created 1/6 front skeleton ribs

I'll be back in the shop tomorrow to finish up the front and also to cover the skeleton in fleece so that saturday I can wet out the fleece on the skeleton for the first real layer of the plug!

No comments:

Post a Comment