Sunday, April 3, 2011

Velomobile Update

This was about a week ago, but I got the entire skeleton covered in fleece. I ended up having to get a bit more fleece which came from walmart in the form of a red blanket. It was used to patch the areas that I did not have enough fleece for. Next time the weather permits, I will wet out the fleece shape with resin, and once that cures I will begin layup with the fiberglass mat.



remember, the low spots you see will be filled in and sanded down with expanding foam to reach the desired end shape. this shape will form as the plug, which will be gelcoated and sent off to our sponsor, Fiberglass Chicago. From there they will create the mold to make two identical copies of our velomobile fairing.

see also: http://www.youtube.com/user/triketrek11?feature=mhum

No comments:

Post a Comment