Thursday, April 28, 2011

Velomobile Update

Yesterday and today at the shop I mounted my rear idlers and also mounted on my front brake tabs! The trike came home with me tonight and will be stripped and painted tomorrow. The drive line on this trike FAR exceeds my expectations as it is virtually silent! The idlers are very solid and seem very resistant to wear, unlike my first trike. The steering setup has also been a pleasant surprise as it is performing very well, even though this was my first time designing my own steering setup and building it. It's a blast to ride, and 10mph on the hardest gear is effortless. I will post a riding video on Youtube once it is all painted!

More work has not been done on the fairing because of bad weather conditions which would not allow the resin to cure properly if attempted, so unfortunately the plug is on standby until dry weather comes.




okay so the rain was good for getting this picture, but not much else.
first test ride destination was 7-eleven!

No comments:

Post a Comment